Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What a fine day for science

Today when i enter the office one college of mine told me "What a fine day for science", you know, the line from Dexter Laboratory cartoons. Is not relay a fine day for science for me. My car broke down. The belt between the engine and the water pump broke. Good that this was happened a few meters from the parking lot.
I had notice something wrong because the light the alternator turn on. But I was suspecting that maybe some wire burn out, or some other electrical problem. But when I was looking under the hood I had notice the belt thorn apart. I guess that I don't had to mention that the engine was hot and vapors come out of all the pipes. Doe's anyone know how to change a water pump belt ?

I will go to order a new belt a little latter and I will like to change it myself but unfortunately I cold outside and I also have to refill the cooling system. This require a ramp for allowing air bubbles to come out, so I can't do it in the parking lot. But it is a service near by. I hope is not to expensive. I really don't to spend money now.

No comments: