Friday, December 15, 2006

Video cables for connecting my laptop to TV

The cables that I have are the following:

  • SCART converter (my TV only a SCART connection , this is usually fund in Europe). This is plugging directly in to the SCART connector on the TV (Big bulky plug). The converter has a switch used to select if the signal is to be inputted or outputted form the TV. The input/output for audio is to RCA (to RCA connections one red and one white for left and right audio signals). The video input/output has two options. One is a RCA (a yellow RCA connection) . And a S-Video connection like the one described in the prevision post.
  • RCA to audio Jack. This cable has to RCA connections (White and red) and on the other end a audio connector (identical with the one fund in headphone)
  • S-Video to S-Video cable.
  • S-Video to RCA cable.
The audio is kind of straight forward. But for video is to variants. I tested first with the S-Video to RCA cable and it seems fine (at least i had a color picture). But I tested with a picture slide show and the colors seems to be very accentuated. The pink looks like purple red, very annoying for pictures, but probably is acceptable with the movies. With the S-Video cable the picture is much sharp and the colors are much more real, but is still not crystal clear.

I didn't try with a movie because I don't have any at this moment but probably on the smaller resolution (like the one used for movies is much better then on my small display).

Doe's anybody can tell me some good movie ?

No comments: