Saturday, March 10, 2007

Dictionay

In the last time, I didn't had to much time to write anything. Today I have posted something on my spider's blog. So I have decided to write here also. Today topic is online dictionaries. I really had writng my post on my other blog because I didn't know the words. Usually I understand all English words, especially the spoken ones but I have trouble finding my words when I am writing. So I have decided to get Babylon dictionary and to help me. I downloaded the demo version and I have tried to lookup some words. He display my translation form german to rusian , form french to italian, but nothing from romanian to english. Some time ago it was really useful but now is really blotted with a lot of useful stuff in it is to search synonyms and stuff like that. But unfortunately it has a really pore romanian dictionary. So I decided to try something else. I have downloaded WordNet and try to lookup related words that I know about the topic I wanted to write about. It was no help either, so I have decided to try to remember the words that I need. Seems that computer don't have any chance to understand or language ever.

12 comments:

lizze said...

When I can't get a word right (and that happens quite often) then I put the word in the Google search box and hope that they will get it right :)

chumly said...

You are a fine writer and English is not an easy language. Be proud you earned it.

Mansoor Qaisar said...

interesting :)

Sim said...

I didn't find a useful Romanian - English dictionary. I use www.wordreference.com from Spanish to English and it helps a lot. It's the best of all I have seen, as you have definitions. There is also a forum with very active people willing to help you. Give it a try ;)

Youth In Asia said...

It's strange because I feel the English language becomes more cognizant to me when I am writing. My first language is French but I have been going to International (English) schools since I was about 13.

robert d said...

Love the way you blog. Hope that trans...

Snapping out,

d

lizze said...

hey maybe this would be a interesting website to help set up translation for 'not main' languages?

users perhaps could post their q and someone else gives a suggestion and this is keep so it is easy to search for the next person ...

just an idea :)

Ren said...

I enjoy reading your blog site. A couple friends I know use a talking program and it types what they say. One of them is blind and it also reads it back to her. Keep up the good work. From Renee in Olympia, Washington, USA

John Ryan Elward said...

I can't stand translation software. I have tried it on one of my websites and it did more harm then good.

PerplxinTexan♥ said...

I absoultely (sp?) (how ironic) ♥ blogs like this , clean , simple and pure excellent!

Rudy Wellsand said...

YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ARE A SMART, INTELLIGENT, ROMANIAN WRITER!

You are doing extremely well in writing English, under the circumstances. Your city Library should have a Dictionary, or some other English book available; for you to sign out and take home with you for 2 weeks, to learn to spell English words. See if they do.

Romania is next door to the 'Old Yugoslavia' where my wife came from; that part which is now called 'Slovenija.' She can't speak, read, or write the Slav language anymore; as she left over half a century ago!

You may try learning more on how to spell English words, by reading the following post...

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY READ "CODES" RIGHT OUT OF YOUR OWN BIBLE, that "CONTROL" your Destiny?

See the "CHOSEN"Code and "COLOR"Code; VISIT: http://quadcode.blogspot.com !

Save or Print it to study.

HAVE A MUCH MORE "BRIGHTER" FUTURE!

Rachel C Miller said...

What I do is when I first started writing in another language is have direct contact with someone who spoke the alternate language slow going but
I found it worked. te iubesc but if your in need of a translator to either up load it doesn't have Romanian but I did find that my Romanian spoke other languages and so this might help. http://babel.altavista.com/ you can use it to translate or post it on your website and people can translate if you choose to write in other then English. I know their is a Romanian translate site, you might look into that.